Wednesday 1 May 2013

Comedic Gold Turns to Lead.

I decided to go to Subway for my bi/tri-weekly book club (i remain the only club member). On arrival i spotted a new person (stranger) working the till. I courageously decided that i would challenge my inner fear of talking to strangers (stranger danger). i waited like a coiled cobra for the right opportunity to unleash myself on an unsuspecting prey. 

It came just after i payed for my meal (i had inserted my card, typed my pin code and thankfully passed the authorization stages).
He replied with "you can pull it out now".
It was then that i realised my perfect rapport building opportunity had come. O fortuna!

It was a perfect moment for a "that's what she said" joke.

if you are unfamiliar with this i have posted a few fairly typical examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4BceAAtoE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As you can see it is comedy gold and its pretty much impossible to get it wrong. Its just so versatile!

So, let me take you back to the scene. 

Him: you can pull it out now 
(obviously referring to my card in the pin machine)

Me: That's what she said
(I was so confident that i said it whilst smirking wryly , biting my lower lip and nodding my head).

and then .......boom

Absolutely nothing. He just blankly looked at me. Somewhat confused.

Not even a polite-yet-false accommodating chuckle or a "thank you for the rapier like wit".

nothing

Maybe i did it wrong, but it all seemed so text book to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment